Gear: Hi-Tec Wild-Fire MID I
The Wild-Fire Mid I is known as an outdoor crossover boot. It's the perfect boot for the urban explorer, yet totally versatile enough for the outdoor adventure man. First impressions go a long way, and I really liked the look of the shoe, but as we know, looks aren't everything... does this shoe have a good "sole" as well? All puns aside, let's go find out!
First things first, I don't like to get cold feet, so the Dri-Tec waterproof technology is a big win for me, and what's even cooler, is that there is also an invisible protective layer called i-shield which repels even more water and dirt. For me this adds to the longevity of the shoe, as it keeps the shoe clean and dry for many adventures to come.
Which brings me to my next point: I cross-shop a lot across brands, and as a value and lifestyle seeker, I don't want to compromise on performance, but value is incredibly important to me. At R1199.00, this shoe, compared to its closest competitors, is really well priced for what you get.
As all adventurers know, these shoes have to be able to get a grip! Grip for me is often the make or break. I've been bitterly disappointed with some of my shoe choices in the past when it comes to this criteria, but this shoe ain't one of those. The good old M-D traction out-sole design does what it's supposed to - keeps me from slip sliding away! Add to that the addition of the XLR8 impact-absorbing mid-sole, and you've got yourself feeling super sturdy whilst navigating difficult terrain.
So, don't just take my word for it, co check them out online here - give them a go, and let me know if you agree!
- High performance synthetic and mesh upper for support, durability and breathability
- i-shield repels water and dirt, and is resistant to stains
- Moulded heel chassis locks the heel in for a secure fit
- Ghillie and hardware lacing system for a secure fit
- Stretching tongue construction provides comfortable fit
- Micro-fleece moisture wicking lining keeps the foot dry
- Gusseted tongue keeps debris out
- OrthoLite® Impressions sockliner with slow recovery foam delivers superior cushioning and has anti-odour properties
- Lightweight, durable ‘fork shank’ ensures flexibility and stability
- Impact-absorbing, high rebound XLR8>> compression moulded EVA midsole, ensures long lasting cushioning and comfort
- Multi-Direction Traction outsole improves grip walking both up and downhill